- 1.5 boxes of lasagna noodles, boiled until aldente
- 1 lb whole-milk mozzarella shredded
- 1 large tub whole-milk ricotta
- 1 egg
- 4 qt red sauce (this is the heart of the recipe)
- Shredded parmesan & romano
- Spices (lol, seriously, she literally just wrote “spices”)
- I suggest using 1-2tsp of the Italian Seasoning recipe
- 2-3 tsp parsley (dried)
- Large glass baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix 1 egg (whipped), parsley and pepper (and other spices) with the ricotta to create a paste. be sure to mix spices and ricotta to taste before adding the egg.
- Lay a thin layer of red sauce to the bottom of the pan, then add one layer of the noodles, slightly overlapping one another.
- Then spread the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and the sauce on top of the ricotta. repeat until the top most layer is reached, then add sauce with shredded Parmesan/Romano & mozzarella cheese, garnish topping with parsley.
- Bake in the oven (middle rack) @ 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until the center reaches 350 degrees).
This is from the Good-old/Bad-old days of American-Italian cooking. I ad-lib the shit out of this, but it’s a good starting point.Love, Jimi