- Mortar and pestle with Whisk, or a food processor
- A Sharp Knife 🙂
- 10 oz (280 g) olive oil
- 10 oz (280g) water
- 5 oz (140 g) lemon juice
- .5 cu (20 g) fresh oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
- Mortar and Pestle Method
- In the mortar, Grind the herbs, salt and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, Whisk the liquids together.
- Then add mortar contents to whisk bowl and mix.
- Food Processor method
- Rough-chop solids
- Add everything to processor
- Spin until desired consistency.
If this sounds suspiciously familiar to a Pesto or Chimichurri, that’s because several cuisines do this, whether it’s the parsley (Chimi) or Basil (Pesto) or something in between. Crushed greens with acid and oil is an ancient idea.Love, Jimi
- As a Meat Marinade: A light white wine can replace the water.
- As a Fish Marinade: Parsley should be added.
- As a Dressing: water can be halved or omitted, depending on desired consistency.