Me: [waving around a large knife] “who wants brussels sprouts?Serves 12
- 3 pounds Brussels sprouts
- Ends trimmed and outer leaves removed, then split in half
- 1 head of garlic, each clove split in half or quarters
- 4 large shallots, chopped or quartered lengthwise
- Throw a couple quartered Meyer’s Lemons in there too
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ~.25 cu balsamic glace
- If you wanna throw some carrot chunks in there to get charred, go ahead, I won’t judge.
- Preheat oven and roasting pan to 375 F
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, garlic and shallots in a large resealable plastic bag or large bowl and toss.
- Carefully remove the roasting pan to a place you can work with it (stove top)
- Pour the bag mix onto roasting pan, season with salt and pepper and place back on center oven rack for 15 minutes
- At 15-20min, drizzle balsamic glace over all and stir.
- Reduce heat and let glace caramelize.
- Brussels sprouts should be browned when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary.
- Serve hot
[Everyone liked that]– Jimi