This tastes exactly like the typical breakfast sausage patty you get at any fast-food restaurant, and it’s awesome.
- Functioning Hands
- Hey, if you have prosthetics that have “Go-Go-Gadget Spatula” attachments or some crazy shit, more power to you, I’m just working with what I know.
- Sauté or frying pan
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small pinch ground cloves (the bud, not the stem)
- In a small, bowl, combine the sage, salt, ground black pepper, marjoram, brown sugar, crushed red pepper and cloves.
- Place the pork in a large bowl and add the mixed spices to it. Mix well with your hands and form into patties.
- In a sauté pan or cast iron skillet, set to Med-High heat and cook the patties until crispy brown and internal temp is at least 155F (the heat will carry over to 160 after you remove them).
- If you make the patties about 3 inches diameter by .5″ thick, they’ll reliable cook in about 5min per side. They’ll also fit on a buttermilk biscuit 🙂
- DO NOT overload the pan. There should be about 1″ separating each patty. Work in batches.