- 1/2 C Buttermilk
- 1/8-1/4 C white vinegar
- 1/3 C milk
- (mix together and let sit until congealed-buttermilk, about 20 min)
- Or, just buy some damned buttermilk – Mom was cheap.
- 1 C Mayonnaise
- 1 T Sour Cream
- 1 t Black Pepper
- 1 t Salt
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Hard Boiled Egg (chopped)
- 1 Scallion Stalk (chopped)
- 1/2 C Finely crumbled blue cheese (preferably Maytag brand, something mild and firm to stand up to the mixing)
- Add everything except blue cheese to a processor and pulse until smooth
- Pour mixture, plus blue cheese into a mason jar and shake vigorously until all incorporated.
- Let dressing sit for a few hours in the fridge for blue cheese flavor to marinate.
Mom would make dinner every night, and I mean a four-course meal, with salad. And damn, that woman could conjure salad dressings like a mage.For Mom, Love Jimi