This is a recipe for the Muppets (Whippets) in our life. Of course your doge might very much approve with much wow and many thank you.
- Bread crumbs
- Uncooked rice
- Wheat germ
- Steel cut oats (optional)
- Missing link (according daily rec’s on bottle)
- Molasses (unsulfered)
- 1 stick salted butter (room temp)
- Chicken stock (or veg)
- Frozen bag of peas (and carrots, sure)
- 2lb ground beef, 75/25 lean rating (or some ground-whatever)
- Chuck or the cheapest you can find–they’re muppets, they don’t care
- Baking/Roasting pan (or similar)
Preheat oven to 300-ish
- In the pan, spread enough bread crumbs, wheat germ, oats, and rice to lightly cover the pan.
- Add enough stock to make the mix damp.
- Add some veg (peas, etc)
- Drizzle molasses over the mix.
- Turn out each ground beef pack into the pan, flattening it out to reach the edges.
- Cover the top with pieces of butter.
- Bake for 25-30min.
- Let rest for 10min.
- Add bone-meal or missing link on top
- Break up and portion out in containers.
- Ziploc 4-cup twist-tops work great for this.
If your budget allows for a good-quality toaster oven (Krupps, Breville, etc.), you should get one. You can’t beat ’em for speed when it comes to smaller recipes. Over 80% of our oven work is done with one.Love, Jimi
[For Aston & Veil]