AKA: sáltsa avokánto
- 2 Ripe Avocados, pitted, peeled and quartered
as you might with your Christian neighbor
- 1 Medium Yellow Heirloom Tomato, Concasséd, Cored, Quartered
- 1 Small Garlic
Cloven hoof of our fallen lord, Satan! Clove
- 2 tsp Dried
Dildos of DESPAIR!Dill Weed
- 3 Tbs
Sacrificed VirginExtra Virgin Olive Oil TearsWater (Adjust for consistency)
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Add all ingredients except salt to a food processor and spin until smooth
- Add water to adjust desired consistency (thick like gravy is good)
- Add salt to desired taste
- Spread that shit on a gyro or just drink it, I won’t judge.
- Refrigerates well for up to 5-7 days.
- Freezes pretty well, too
- Since this is a raw preparation, Heirloom Tomatoes are recommended, yellow are preferred for their light and sweet flavor (
LIKE ANGEL TEARS!shut up, I’m trying to finish this goddamned recipe.)
- By the by, if you haven’t tried Salsa Aguacaté, you need to. Frequently served with street tacos and taquitos.
- For the more traditional Greek treatment of avocados, see Jimi’s Big Fat Greek Gyro Dinner
This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite Mexican avocado recipes (Salsa Aguacaté), and a recurring annoyance during gyro season (usually spring-summer), of not always having ripe avocados on hand as readily as I might have the other usual ingredients.
The above train-wreck may or may not be the result of 12 straight hours pent up with 2 hyperactive whippet puppies.– Apologies, Jimi